Scottish Tune Site
Index of Tunes for Columbus, Ohio Scottish Fiddle Gatherings
(very much a work in progress; more tunes will be added as time allows)
The purpose for the page is just to list some of my favorite Scottish fiddle tunes, so folks who
attend the ceilidhs/seisuns will have access to the tunes. Most of the tunes are just treble clef;
a few of them are harp arrangements that I have presented at harp workshops. These
tunes (the harp arrangements, that is!) are designated by a "H" after the tune.
Last Updated 2/18/2008
Many of these tunes are presented in *.PDF format; you will need Acrobat Reader to view them.
Click on this link to go to the Acrobat site:
- Braigh Loch Iall "H"
- Coilsfield House
- Eilean Beag Donn A’ Chuain (Little Brown Island in the Ocean)
- First Eve "H"
- John Roy Lyall "H"
- Lady Ramsey
- Lochaber No More
- Margaret's Waltz
- Marni Swanson of the Grey Coast
- Mrs. Jamieson's Favorite (air)
- My Ain Kind Dearie (18th Century)
- My Cape Breton Home (Cape Breton)
- Rita Hunter of Aultbea
- Roslyn Castle "H"
- Shingly Beach (Shetland) "H"
- Skye Dance "H"
- Braes o' Bushbie "H"
- Campbell’s Farewell to Redgap (Redcastle)
- Drunken Piper
- Farewell to the Tay (pipe march)
- Father John MacMillan of Barra
- Fuadach na Gaidheal (Lord Lovat's Lament) "H"
- Fingal’s Cave
- Inverness Gathering
- Ramsey's Reprieve (pipe march)
- (Ah,) Ye've Been Lang a' Comin' "H"
Jigs (some of the pipe marches above are in 6/8 time, but are more marches than jigs!):
- Da Full Rigged Ship (Shetland)
- Duncan McGillivray’s
- Drummond Castle
- Drummond Castle (jig)
- Oran a' Bhuntata (A Scottish Potato Famine Tune)
- Bodaich Beag Abriathachain (Old Men of Abriachan)
- Banks of Loch Ness (strathspey)
- Ca’ the Wethers tae the Hill
- Captain Horne (pipe strathspey)
- Chuir I Gluin air a Bhotach (She Put the Knee on the Old Man)
- Lady Lucy Ramsey "H"
- Loch Gorm "H"
- Marquis of Huntly's Strathspey "H"
- Mrs. Robertson of Greshornish
- Peter Bailie "H"
- Smith’s a Gallant Fireman
- Strohn Point
- Struan Robertson
- They Stole My Wife Last Night
- The Ale Is Dear (pipe tune)
- As a Thoiseach (Keep it Up)
- Auld Reel (Irish: Paddy on the Turnpike)
- Barrowburn Reel
- Bonnie Charlie
- Brenda Stubbert’s (Cape Breton)
- Bride's Reel
- Captain Alex Fraser
- Charms of Whiskey
- Celtic Society Quickstep
- Chuir Mi Anns an Ciste Mhor (Put Me in a Big Box)
- Da Auld Stor's Back Again
- Da New Rigged Ship (Shetland)
- Double Kisses "H"
- Flowers of Edinburgh
- Glenburnie Rant (reel)
- High Road to Linton
- Highlander's Revenge
- Jack Broke da Prison Door (Shetland)
- Johnnie Finlay
- John Morris Rankin (Cape Breton)
- Lady Charlotte Campbell "H"
- Lambing Storm
- Lexie McAskill
- Loch Torridon "H"
- Miss Rattray "H"
- Miss Shepherd
- Mrs. MacLeod of Raasay (Irish: Miss McLeod’s)
- Och Is Duine Truagh Mi (O, Man You Sadden Me)
- Prince Charlie
- Put on the Steam
- Sean Triubhas Uilleachain
- Sleep Soond in da Morning (Shetland)
- Sound of Sleat
- Spootiskerry "H"
- Trip to Pakistan (OK, it ISN'T Scottish - but I like it!) "H"
- Walking on the Moon (Addie Harper)
- (The) Wedding Ring (reel)
- West Mabou Reel
- John Trotter's Hornpipe "H"
- Lady Eliza Lindsey "H"
- Marquis of Lorne Hornpipe "H"
- Da Sixereen
- Four song tunes: Ae Fond Kiss, My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose, Ye Banks and Braes and Auld Lang Syne
- Eriskay Love Lilt
- John Anderson My Jo
- Scotland the Brave
- Scots Wha Ha'e
- Sound the Pibroch
- Wild Mountain Thyme (Will Ye Go, Lassie Go?)